Welcome to Madison and Elver Park, the host site for the Wisconsin Nordic Ski League Sprint Championships, March 13-14, 2021.
As of Friday, January 15th we have been green-lighted to host the State Meet by the Dane Country Public Health Department and City Parks.
We have 1.5km snowmaking loop ready to go for the event with lots of snow on it. We will host races on both Saturday (freestyle team sprint) and Sunday (freestyle sprint). There will be no festival activities at the event, only competitive races.
1250 McKenna Blvd
Madison, WI 53719 Results
Friday, March 12th
7:30pm – Coaches Zoom Meeting
Saturday, March 13th
10:00AM – Ice Age Challenge Citizen Race (5km & 10km, classic and skate options)
1:00PM – MS Freestyle Team Sprint
2:30PM – HS Freestyle Team Sprint
Sunday, March 14th
10:00AM – Kids Races (U6, U8, U10, U12, U14)
12:00PM – State Meet Qualification Round (15sec interval start)
1:00PM – State Meet Final Rounds (8 participant group start)
Detailed Schedule: https://tinyurl.com/xdauhux3
Registration and BIB Pickup
Located at the Elver Park Mini Shelter
$15 (per skier/per race)
Entry fees go toward Elver Park’s grooming, maintenance, and snow-making services.
All registered skiers will receive a ski buff.
Registration fees are non-refundable, including in the event of cancellation.
All races are held on the trails of Elver Park in Madison, WI. Both the chalet and trails are located at 1250 McKenna Blvd, Madison, WI 53719
A designated wax area with power will be available to use. No tent or heat will be provided. Teams are encouraged to supply their own pop-up tent and heat source to accommodate their waxing pod. The wax area will be within walking distance of trails. Spaces will be on a first come first serve basis. Extension cords highly recommended.
- Waxing hours are 7AM to 9PM Saturday and 7AM to 4PM Sunday.
All events will abide by CXC wax guidelines and be fluoro free. We respectfully ask of our athletes, parents, and coaches that they comply with the message of this regulation.
Due to restrictions, warm-up on skis will be very limited. It is recommended that running should be considered. There is a bike path that starts at the stoplight at the entrance to the park.
Parking and Spectators
Due to restrictions, spectators are not permitted in the start/finish area and on the racecourse. Trail crossing and access points will be controlled and marked. The event will be live-streamed.
Current parking available at the park exceeds 300 cars. The park’s chalet is closed to the public except for restrooms. Porta-Potties will be supplied outside the chalet.
Team Captain and Coaches Meeting
All meetings will be held by Zoom. Please email email@example.com for a super-secret link.
COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
- Temporary restrooms will be available outside the chalet. The porta potties will be cleaned and serviced daily.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- Racers must be prepared to stage out of their vehicles.
- No community wax tent provided. Power and space to set up a team or personal tent provided.
- Bib pickup will be almost contact-free, with racers picking up bibs from a table on their way to the start. Chips will be attached to bibs.
- No spectators will be advised trailside; parents, guardians, or family members are encouraged to go for a ski or hike away from the race trails.
- All participants (racers, coaches, technicians, volunteers, officials) must wear masks and respect physical distancing guidelines.
- No hanging out in groups outside of your pods.
- Respect distancing guidelines in the start pen.
- Athletes may remove masks only when actively warming up or racing.
- Masks or buffs must be carried during races and put on upon finishing.